Huna: Gateway to the godforce within

I did not choose Huna - Huna chose me. From an initial disinterest to having been claimed (body, mind and soul) by this practical expression of the so-called mystical rhealm, my life continues to be changed from one breath to the next. For me, Huna has always known through the body what the quantum sciences now invite us to consider through the intellect. My Huna journey is never about knowing and always about discovering. I invite you to discover with me.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Dreaming: The future shapes the 'now'

I am beginning to feel a quickening associated with being in Hawaii in April 2008. The images of that future are brighter than others; the sounds more intense and the sensations in my body becoming more visceral and less ethereal. What I am feeling is the excitement of being home again!

‘Home’ in so many ways. Home in the physical space that is the Big Island. Home in the energy that comes with being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, 2500 miles from the nearest coast. Home in the elements of Hawaii – its winds and water, the smells of the land and the ocean, the visual feast of its grasses and flowers and birds; the black lava rock that is the foundation of the Island; and the heavenly aroma of Kona coffee, whether in beans roasting or vapors wafting from my morning brew. Home with the people of Hawaii, in the Aloha spirit, in this place without edges. Feeling that I am home – in body, mind and soul.

April 2008 and the ‘Emerging Futures and Huna’ retreat at the Mauna Lani has already begun to inject new potential into my life, every single day. Flashes of sipping Kona Mountain Roast at Java on the Rocks, toes digging into the soft sand as the gentle morning waves roll up against the lava rock wall that separates me from the Pacific. Surrounded by easy conversation as I sit among the locals who begin each day with a visit to the water and their morning newspaper. Quietly considering my day, wondering if today I will sit by the pool and work on my next book, or if I’ll take a drive along the coast at the northern tip of the Big Island and be humbled by the magnificence of Gaia and her majesty.

For me, Huna has never been about rituals or techniques. It has always been about awakening to the godforce that I am and discovering how to bear witness to it in all that surrounds me. It is about people and connecting to them in ways that enliven us all. It is about the smell of the air, the warmth of the sun and the feel of the wind coming in off the sea. It is about wonder and exploration and discovery. It is about trusting – even when everything around me tells me that I should not, particularly that I should not trust myself. It’s about recognizing that life and its full expression IS the very thing we seek! For me, Huna has taught me how to get out of my own way.

Breathing. Stopping. Listening. Feeling. Engaging! That pretty much says it all.

I am eager to step into ‘Emerging Futures and Huna’. As in all things, I have no idea what will be discovered and yet, my body tells me that something huge awaits. It is as if from here to there, the space exists for me to prepare. Not in a ‘study’ kind of way, or even a ‘get ready’ kind of way but more in a ‘become welcoming of the experience’ kind of way. Staying in the ‘now’. Paying attention to myself – to my inner world, watching and listening for the Signal from Self that I already am – and trusting that same Self to be my guide. Looking inside and not outside. Letting go of knowing and making way for being delightfully surprised by what has not yet entered my awareness.

For me, Huna is not a set of techniques or rituals (although they can be comforting and entertaining) but a context within which to unfold. I know of no greater space that allows for my own acceleration. The Space of Huna is immense. Experiencing Huna in the Space of Hawaii is an experience long remembered and never lost.

Already, I am dreaming of being there. Already, my dreams of what is to be are breathing life into what is. In this moment, my future is shaping my present…laying the platform for my future to become even more. Time is not linear. Life is not linear. Each expression of life either expands or compresses the next – until the next time.

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home